Welcome to the Clarke School PTA weblog!

Hello Clarke School students and parents! Welcome to our new blog created to help keep you up to date and informed on all the happenings in our school. All of us at the Clarke PTA hope you enjoy our posts and follow us regularly here at the Daily Dory!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Cocktails and Conversation

Love the Swampscott Yacht Club!  What a great place to hold an intimate event like our Cocktails and Conversation party.  We held this year's meet and greet in thier function room on Friday night and it was so much fun.  Each year the PTA likes to have a get together for all the Clarke parents to get away from the kids and the schoolyard and have a chance see each other in a grown up setting.  It is much needed if you ask me! 

It's so nice to meet new parents who are excited to be a part of the Clarke community and just as nice to see the familiar faces who already make Clarke the big family that it is.  Last year I was the new person walking in not knowing anybody - and everyone made me feel so welcome.  This year I was one of the people welcoming everyone else to the party!!  Wierd.

 I totally meant to take a bunch of pictures and document everything for this blog but... I was  having too much fun and sort of forgot completely.  Apparently I am not a reporter: at least not when there is food and cocktails and talky talk talking going on.  I will try better next time. 

Here is the one pic that we got at the end of the night... I stress it was the end of the night!

Marybeth, Emily, Maggie, Carin